Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Forward converter operating at 1/2 frequency? (Sort of...)

Joel Kolstad wrote:

Hello Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message

Is C2 really 1000uF? That's a bit highish, I'd reduce that a lot.

Yes it is -- it was driven by the ESR, which is 15milliohms (sorry, that
doesn't show up on the schematic by default, but it is modeled by LTspice).

Tantalums? I don't trust them from here to the door frame. Why do you
need such low ESR? BTW regular ceramics are really low as well. That's
what I always use on switchers and I can't recall ever having gone above
10uF.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg