Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Productivity

Ross Herbert wrote:

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:37:47 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Joerg wrote:

Joel Kolstad wrote:

Thanks for the response, Joerg; it's certainly a somewhat

different view than

I'm used to. I'm still thinking those $0.99 frozen dinners are

cheaper, but I

will pay some more attention next time I'm at a grocery store and

try to make

a valid comparison.

Also, take a close look at the nutritional value of that $0.99

frozen

dinner. But sit down before you do ;-)

This week's specials as an example:
http://www.raleys.com/apps/svngs/svngs.jsp#Fine%20Meats

Pork loin for $2.28/lbs or sirloin steak for $3.47/lbs is certainly

not

something you can find at any fast food place. You've got to cook

your

own. Else it'll get really expensive or people will have to settle

for

pre-pressed patties from who-knows-where, topped with cheese where

the

saturated fats make the cholesterol reading peg.

Even if in a rush I'll barbeque. Just take vellum pad and pencil to

the

barbie, of the whole laptop if you must. With some practice it's as

easy

as keeping the wood stove going.

Some of the frozen vegetables are a good deal. One of my

favorite is

a pound bag of sliced and cleaned red, green and yellow peppers,

with

some pieces of onion for $1.29. I can't buy them fresh for that

price,

don't have to endure the pain of slicing them, or get rid of the

scraps.

I don't have to use more than i need to keep it from going bad, or

spend

time looking for good peppers at produce stands. They are sold as

stir fry, but I use them in Chili, with potatoes, and in vegetable

soup.

We like the long Mexican peppers. Sliced in half, spiced, then

lightly

roasted on the barbeque. The bill or materials for that comes to

around

two quarters ;-)

Also good: Jalapenos scraped out, stuff with cheese, placed on a

skewer

and then slowly roasted over indirect charcoal heat. If anyone has a,
ahem, slight digestive block, that ought to fix it. Or as one of my
former bosses put it, it burns twice.

Stop it... stop it now, I say!!!!

Ok, ok ;-)

Should I talk about what we cook in the smoker?

My mouth is watering at the thought of it all :-)

It is interesting comparing prices though. Those meat prices from
Raley's look pretty good to me compared to our local supermarket.
http://woolworths.smedia.com.au/acti...ecatalogue/wa/
these are weekly specials and you can see the normal prices.

Requires flash player :-(

Tell them to hire a new web designer who knows how to do it right.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com