Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Switch on old stereo receiver

Old Technics stereo receiver, circa 1988.

Power switch. Button in in - unit is powered. Button in out - unit is unpowered.

Now, if I just push the button to power it, it powers itself, then powers
down. If I push the button in and release it -very- slowly, it'll stay on.

Any feel for what I'd have to go thru to repair or replace the switch?
Unplugging the unit to put it on a workbench is only slightly less
unpleasant than an enema with a firehose. :-)

Thx,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller