Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Cats and gravel

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:32:13 +0100, "Dark Angel"
wrote:

OK, i recently gravelled a section of my front yard using 10mm pea gravel,
and since then every cat in the neighbourhood has been using it as its
personal litter tray.

I was wondering, would putting down 20mm gravel in its place solve the
problem? As its larger they cant paw it over so well.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Yes. You are up cat-crap creek.

Cats seem conditioned to litter trays and you have provided a nice big
one for them. It gets worse as the smell gets bedded into the stuff
and attracts more.

Only suggestion would be to liberally dose the stuff with pepper or
jeyes fluid. The smell from it will put them off for a while but it
may kill you off as well.

Cats are becoming a menace here and have surged from four to over
twenty this summer. It's becoming impossible to leave a door or window
open without one or another from calmly walking in. And I like them.
(