Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Cats and gravel

Dark Angel wrote:
OK, i recently gravelled a section of my front yard using 10mm pea
gravel, and since then every cat in the neighbourhood has been using
it as its personal litter tray.

I was wondering, would putting down 20mm gravel in its place solve
the problem? As its larger they cant paw it over so well.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Yep, I laid an area of 20mm gravel not long ago and cats crap all over
it. Don't think the turds gets buried in it as much as they would with
10mm, so you may regard that as a benefit. I suspect it depends on
what other substrates are available nearby for your local cat
population, as to whether they choose your gravel.

David