Posted to alt.home.repair
Telstra Telstra is offline

Default Air Conditioners

There is Cheap, Reasonable, Innovative and Outragous.
Carrier are the Fords of the air conditioning Industry. They
give you a well engineered product with generous backup
which can be serviced by any company you choose. Trane
are BEAN counters that not only make service exclusive to
a small number of favoured company's but alsio price their
units above Carrier without any discernable increase in
quality Innovation belongs to company's like Mitsubishi and
Daikin

"Dottie" wrote in message
ups.com...
The various companies that sell Trane and Carrier a/cs in my area are
advertising a lot. They are offering rebates. My system is 15 years
old for the outside unit and 7 years old for the air handler in the
garage. It is working o.k. now but I am tempted by these offers.
Does anyone here work in this field and can you tell me if there is
much difference in quality between Trane and Carrier. Will one
outlast the other? Trane cost more, at least it did the last time I
checked. Will Trane last longer? What are some questions I should
ask when I start shopping?