Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Bill Bill is offline

Default OT Wrong advertised specifications

Travis Jordan wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
Fine, so they still make it. When was the last time you saw a
machine sold with memory in something other than 512mb
increments. I just checked all of the desktops being sold at
Walmart and they all have 512mb, 1gb or 2gb. I have not seen a
machine sold with an odd amount like 768mb in a long time.

Maybe not 'sold' that way, but that is quite a common configuration,
especially for older machines. I have one with 640MB (256MB + 256MB +
128MB) running Windows 2000, and one with 768MB (512MB + 128MB) running XP
Pro. I just upgraded a clients Compaq Laptop to 768MB (128MB +512MB) as
well.

Right, for older machines 256mb was very common. But not for
current desktops, which is what we are discussing here.

Bill