Posted to sci.electronics.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default What solvents do we like?

Al wrote:
"David Farber" wrote:
I just bought a bottle of Rubber Renue. I haven't tried it yet though. If I
find any wear on rubber parts, I like to replace them. I really have never
found a chemical that can rejuvenate a belt or an idler for any length of
time.

I used it on the rollers of an older printer when they would no longer
grab the paper. It worked like a champ. I've restored a few printers
with it. Haven't tried it on anything else.

Had to do the rubber rollers and odds and ends on my H-P FAX700 today with
it.

--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.