Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default IR Remote Control Extenders

Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
"Joel Kolstad" wrote:
I've seen TVs that create a virtual "channel 0" for composite input. Even
with a button to directly jump to composite input on the remote, that would
have been a good way to avoid the problem in case the remote was lost.

Design goal - make the sheeple buy a new TV when the remote is
lost/broken. Irritating as #$%^&!

Had a donated TV, no remote, composite WAS channel 0, but the front
panel channel controls would not go to channel 0, even when it was
specifically included in the channel list (consisting only of 3 and 0,
as it was either VCR on 3 or composite). I had to set the alarm to turn
the TV on to channel 0 a minute or two ahead of the current time, turn
it off, and wait for it to turn back on when composite was desired - all
that I could do from the front panel buttons.

http://www.remotes.com/

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell