Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Productivity

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Joerg wrote:

Joel Kolstad wrote:

Thanks for the response, Joerg; it's certainly a somewhat different view than
I'm used to. I'm still thinking those $0.99 frozen dinners are cheaper, but I
will pay some more attention next time I'm at a grocery store and try to make
a valid comparison.

Also, take a close look at the nutritional value of that $0.99 frozen
dinner. But sit down before you do ;-)

This week's specials as an example:
http://www.raleys.com/apps/svngs/svngs.jsp#Fine%20Meats

Pork loin for $2.28/lbs or sirloin steak for $3.47/lbs is certainly not
something you can find at any fast food place. You've got to cook your
own. Else it'll get really expensive or people will have to settle for
pre-pressed patties from who-knows-where, topped with cheese where the
saturated fats make the cholesterol reading peg.

Even if in a rush I'll barbeque. Just take vellum pad and pencil to the
barbie, of the whole laptop if you must. With some practice it's as easy
as keeping the wood stove going.

Some of the frozen vegetables are a good deal. One of my favorite is
a pound bag of sliced and cleaned red, green and yellow peppers, with
some pieces of onion for $1.29. I can't buy them fresh for that price,
don't have to endure the pain of slicing them, or get rid of the scraps.
I don't have to use more than i need to keep it from going bad, or spend
time looking for good peppers at produce stands. They are sold as a
stir fry, but I use them in Chili, with potatoes, and in vegetable soup.

We like the long Mexican peppers. Sliced in half, spiced, then lightly
roasted on the barbeque. The bill or materials for that comes to around
two quarters ;-)

Also good: Jalapenos scraped out, stuff with cheese, placed on a skewer
and then slowly roasted over indirect charcoal heat. If anyone has a,
ahem, slight digestive block, that ought to fix it. Or as one of my
former bosses put it, it burns twice.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com