Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Homeowner complains...

HeyBub wrote:
Found this on another newsgroup and though some may wish to comment.

Guy has problem with log-lighter installation and check what he found out
about his baseboards.

http://www.morrisonhomesneglect.freewebweb.com/

My son has a Heat-a-lator type fireplace in 25 year old home he bought 5
years ago. We had noted hole in chimney pipe on roof and urged him to
call our fireplace guy. Turns out hole was in furnace pipe but
inspection of his fireplace showed complete lack of ceramic or
insulation backing. A building inspection before he bought the home did
not disclose this. I think he's seeking compensation from them. Lucky
the house never caught fire.

Frank