Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default OT Wrong advertised specifications

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "HeyBub"

wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ORxDi.12718$sf1.3859@trnddc01, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

Nope. It is not. Shortness means nothing, speed means everything.

You think the length of the signal path has nothing to do with speed?

Waves hand!

I do! I do! Pick me!

You are aware, aren't you, that the speed of signal propagation is finite?

First, you have something called a clock in the computer. All computers
have a clock, they cannot run without one. Second, the signals can only be
passed during a clock cycle. The speed of light is far faster than any
clock we can employ therefore we are not dealing with theoretical limits we
are dealing with practical limits i.e. the duration of each clock cycle. So
in the case of a 2 inch wire trace, it would not matter if the trace were 1
inch because you can't get the data into the CPU any faster than it already
is.

Paul