Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default What solvents do we like?

"David Farber" wrote in message

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
I use Chloro-Kleen which I purchased years ago when it was legal.
Unfortunately it's running out now and I was wondering what all you guys
like...

I use isopropyl for some stuff, and MEK for cleaning flux from boards,
but
nothing beat Chloro-Kleen for rubber parts...

Mark Z.

I just bought a bottle of Rubber Renue. I haven't tried it yet though. If
find any wear on rubber parts, I like to replace them. I really have never
found a chemical that can rejuvenate a belt or an idler for any length of
time.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Still, cleaning rubber parts is sometimes useful. I'll often clean an
otherwise good idler just for good measure.

Mark Z.