Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default OT Wrong advertised specifications

On Sep 4, 7:52 pm, Terry wrote:
A friend of mine just bought a new computer at WalMart. The computer
is a complete set with speakers, mouse, keyboard and monitor. It was
advertised with 1G of memory and the system reports that it is 768K.

She contacted WalMart and Walmart acknowledges that it is a mistake.
Now she has to unplug everything, pack it up and take it back for a
swap.

This is a lot of work. What, if anything, extra should she expect for
her troubles from Walmart or Acer (brand)?

Good luck with that idea. No merchant has ever reimbursed me in any
way for time/gas/trouble, when I've purchased a defective product. If
they're interested in customer relations, they will apologize for the
trouble, and that's about as good as it gets around here, when you
shop at a chain store.

Shop locally, and your experience will be a lot better.

N.