Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PING Trail Rat

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-09-05 00:34:39 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Frank Erskine wrote:

How come everyone down that end of England is called mate ?

Everybody in Middlesbrough/Teesside is called "Pal"... it sounds a
bit threatening (with their accent).

I lectured to the Middlesborough Magic Circle last year. Strange
place from what little I saw of it. Stayed in a motel that was a
1060's throwback.

Bet it was a battle getting there........

Whoops! I meant 1960's. Hastings was 14 October 1066 anyway. And it was
at Senlac Hill not Hastings.

What is the Magic Circle? Is it like the masons?

Most people have heard of The Magic Circle in London, but there are magic
clubs all over the country. Some call themselves 'Magic Circles', like the
Leicester Magic Circle, others use different titles like the Medway Magical
Society, The Chester Guild of Magicians, Farnborough Association of
Magicians etc.

The London Magic Circle is simply the oldest and London based, other than
that its just another club really. The HQ is a spectacular building
http://www.themagiccircle.co.uk/main_nav/index.php

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman