Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Tool Sharpening

In article m,
Neillarson wrote:

Anybody using a Tormek/Jet wet sharpener on their lathe tools?

I have a Jet that I use for my chisles and planes but I use my Delta
23-710 slow speed grinder with a white wheel for the lathe tools. I do
notice that I have to dress the wheel a LOT more and that the bevels
are not as neat and clean as I would like. I wonder if I would get a
longer lasting edge on my Jet even though it would be very tedious and
slow ( I would think ).

Maybe it is time to get a better slow speed grinder, the delta wheels
are not that great, they wear REAL fast and are such a small diameter
I worry about the amount of hollow grind. It is only about 5" in
diameter.

Any recomendations?

Use what you have. I have the same system, plus two conventional ones. I
use the slow speed to do the touch up and redress as needed. The only
time I use the others is to change grinds, or if something ugly happens

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv