Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Productivity

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:33:42 -0700, Don Bowey
wrote:

On 9/4/07 3:55 PM, in article ,
"Jim Thompson" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:39:19 -0700, Don Bowey
wrote:

On 9/4/07 2:53 PM, in article
, "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

On 9/3/07 10:34 PM, in article
, "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

...Jim Thompson

" the US figure is boosted by Americans working more hours per year than
workers in most developed countries."

That's why they are MORE productive, dumb ass.

Productivity is measured as output per hour.

I have heard multiple reports that American workers take less
vacation days, sick days and holidays compared to a lot of other
countries. fewer employees producing the same goods reduces overhead
for insurance, training, and other overhead costs thereby raising
productivity, no matter HOW you measure it.

Well, it increases production, but not necessarily productivity. For that
you must factor in time.

The definition does NOT have time in it other than ANNUAL!

...Jim Thompson

Well, Duh! GNP IS Annual and annual is sure time. It should include
*hours* (or whole and/or fractional people) in the calculations, as simple
head-count would distort, not production, but productivity of the workforce.

Whether it should or not is not the point. The comparison was
published on an annual GDP/working-head basis.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |