Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default IR Remote Control Extenders

Joel Kolstad wrote:

Hi Jim,

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

"Next Generation" is a brand.

Sounds clever. One of the AA cells in your remote is replaced with a
rechargeable cell that also includes an RF transmitter at 433MHz. So
you don't have to point, just "click" ;-)

Ah, yeah, I've seen that one advertised; it does seem clever.

Clever it is indeed. The usefulness depends on how long that
rechargeable holds enough charge. If it's the usual three months or so
I'd give it a thumbs down.

Did you have any "issues" with the Terk unit?

No, although we weren't really "stressing" the unit: There was only one in the
house and the required range was only about 15' through one wall.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com