Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default IR Remote Control Extenders

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:34:11 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

Jim,

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Anyone have experience with the "Next Generation" Remote Control
Extenders?

What do you mean by, "Next Generation?"

I have one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Technolog.../dp/B000069EV0
... and it worked fine (we had a DVD player in a hall closest controlled by us
in the bedroom). (Now it's just in a box since we moved and I don't have a
need for it anymore -- want it?)

---Joel

"Next Generation" is a brand.

Sounds clever. One of the AA cells in your remote is replaced with a
rechargeable cell that also includes an RF transmitter at 433MHz. So
you don't have to point, just "click" ;-)

Did you have any "issues" with the Terk unit?

I've just started contemplating "remote" remotes, so I'm open to any
and all suggestions, cautions, etc.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |