Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default What solvents do we like?

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 20:02:38 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

I use Chloro-Kleen which I purchased years ago when it was legal.
Unfortunately it's running out now and I was wondering what all you

guys
like...

I use isopropyl for some stuff, and MEK for cleaning flux from

boards, but
nothing beat Chloro-Kleen for rubber parts...

Mark Z.

For cleaning accumulated crap off pcb's I use Domestos (a hospital
grade cleaner you can't get in the US). Washed down afterwards with
plain water and thoroughly dried off with a hot air gun.

For electronics components or small areas on otherwise good condition
pcb's, I use Isopropynol.

For removing glue residue or labels with non water soluble adhesive I
find kerosene does the trick. It will usually cause the label adhesive
to soften to a gel where it can be removed with a paper towel or
tissue and then finally clean up with a paper towel wetted with clean
kerosene.