Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Cutting crown moulding to fit around outside bullnose corners?

On Sep 4, 3:09 am, Hubert wrote:
I am trying to fit 5" crown molding (38 degree spring angle) around an
outside bullnose. I've been trying to use a compound miter saw to cut
at 22.5 degrees but have been doing something wrong because I end up
with too small of an angle when I stick the three pieces together.
Can somebody tell me what settings I need to have on my miter saw? I
have the miter set at 22.5. Does the bevel setting also need to be at
22.5? How does one calculate this? Thanks!
H.

You might also want to try splitting the corner like in this example

http://www.askthebuilder.com/555_Ins..._Corners.shtml