Chuck

Default math problem

Dan Caster wrote:
Ted Edwards wrote in message ...

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On 01 May 2004 18:59:13 GMT, the renowned (Richard Coke)

From: Ted Edwards

Being even lazier, I match your AE and raise you an APL. :-)

I think you're bluffing. I'm sure I'm lazier than you. I call your APL and
raise you a Mathcad.

Richard Coke

I'm holding a MATLAB...

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

You guys and your toys! I'm talking about serious math!!

Try a recursive procedure in one of those. Well, at least you can go
out for dinner while it's running.

(IBM's APL2 for OS/2) :-)

Ted

Darn, all I have is a copy of J.

Dan

Boy does this take me back. My first programming language was APL.

We had 3 IBM2741 in an old broom closet with a 300baud phone line to
another campus that had the IBM 370-145 or maybe a 360 I forget.

WHen we got the tektronic 4013 graphic terminal and had a 1200 baud line
and everyone stood in line to use it.

I wrote a graphic program what would show the soil that is retained by a
retaining wall. By changing the alpha factor of the soil we could show
how much the soil would slip and would influence the design of the wall.

I also remember that we learned that if we sent and 5 ibeam 3e9 command
it would crash the whole ibm mainframe. Multi-user multi-tasking OS
were not what they are today.

Al