DoN. Nichols

Default math problem

In article ,
Mark Rand wrote:
On 1 May 2004 14:55:05 -0700, jim rozen wrote:

In article , Richard Coke says...

I think you're bluffing.

Heh. Don't go there. Take from somebody who
knows where APL was invented....

Jim

Anybody out there talk Rocky Mountain BASIC????

Yep! A really nice extension (by HP) to the BASIC language. It
looked somewhat like FORTRAN with the common blocks and the local
variables. I used it on a 9826 and a 9836. I've got a 9816 here from
a hamfest, but there are problems with the firmware, causing wrong bits
at least in the text it displays on power on, and probably in a lot of
the code as well.

How about Basic-09 for OS-9? Again separate compilation of each
module, and purely local variables. (Unfortunately, no common blocks, so
you had to pass *everything* which you needed in your function calls. :-)

That was about the time when I got a serious 'C" compiler (as
well as a serious Pascal compiler), but Basic-09 was a fun thing to play
with.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564