Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Best way to strip flaking paint on a trailer body and sheetmetal

According to clarence at snyder dot on dot ca:
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 21:23:20 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

Best paint stripper I ever found was trichlorethylene. Drop the
painted item into a pan of tri' , wait a half hour and lift the item
out sans paint.

I don't know about that.

I was watching a friend fill an ampoule with pyradine over a
windowsill, and a single drop of the pyradine spilled. By the time that
my eyes had tracked down to the sill, it was already bare wood in the
center of a drop-sized circle.

But the stuff *stinks*.

An I haven't checked the MSDS on it, but I'll bet that it is
considered pretty bad. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564