Bruno

Default math problem

While I've followed this thread, I have not seen it noted that each
test counts equally at 20%. Just average 'em all to reach 73.8.

-Bruno

jim wrote:

Kingfish wrote:

I come to the experts on everything I can think of help. My
teacher-wife asked me if she was calculating this correctly. I didn't
think so. What's the answer and why/how?

Chapter tests count for 60% of the final grade. Mid-term and final
tests count for 40% of the final grade. Scores for chapter tests were
80, 50 and 69. Mid-term and final tests were 80 and 90. What is the
final grade. One of us says 73.8 and the other says 80.7

Thanks

well this is the way it is: chap.is 60 percent,
80 +50 + 69 = 199 / 3 = 66.3 points and 60 percent of score
66.3 X .60 = 39.78
then you get the other 40 percent,
80 + 90 = 170
170 / 2 = 85
85 X .40= 34, then you add the 39.78
and the 34
total 73.78
if she is the teacher i hope she is the one correct or she might be
teaching the kids how to do the DIY math.. hope not....\