Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Yamaha HTR-5890 will not power on, need schematic.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message

"justmanuals" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 1, 2:30 pm, "Ian French" wrote:
"David Farber" wrote in message

"David Farber" wrote in message
This Yamaha HTR-5890 surround sound receiver had two shorted power
transistors and a blew the main 10 amp fuse. I replaced those but
the
receiver still shuts down after a few seconds.

Hi David,

There is a Russian websitehttp://monitor.net.ru/forum/index.phpwhich
contains manyservicemanualsand schematics (Circuits) of Yamaha audio
equipment. The HTR 5890 is not listed but it might be worth looking at
some
of the other schematics to see how Yamaha do things.
Since this site is all in Russian, you have to right click and select
the
"Translate Page into English" option and wait for the page to translate.
(this is in Windows Internet Explorer)
To be honest, from our point of view the English produced is not good,
however you will be able to see where the "FILES" are, go there and
select
"Audio", when you get there select "Yamaha" and then you can look
through
the available data. You may have to register to actually download the
file,
but its free so no problem. Schematics seem to be universal so don't
worry
about getting some weird diagrams !
I hope this helps.

Ian.

As far as I know, this manual is not available.

As far as I know, you are wrong. And I suspect my knowledge of the matter
goes a bit farther than yours. Oh, and I read the posts, which tell me
that the OP already go the manual, just incomplete, and someone else
offered to send it to him.

Leonard

Indeed. I already sent Dave the complete manual with schematics. Helps to be
an authorized servicer though... :-)

Mark Z.