Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Chuck and Morse taper question

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

wrote: Sorry to blow your bubble there other Leo
;-*)))
I did cover that with ..........."all mating surfaces should be clean".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, Other Other Leo--one thing this proves: there is no better search
engine than a person who is mis-quoted or who fails to get credit for an
idea. In this case it is you. I would have had to re-read the entire
thread, and still might have missed the relevant line. You brought it
immediately to my attention. G

Y'know there was another post early in the chain that recommended cleaning.

"Could be your Morse taper's too long, your tail stock too dirty, or it
might
be something more bizarre, as others have intimated."

"I'd clean both taper and socket, make sure the quill is not retracted and
ejecting my taper, and try again. "

Must have been a pretty good answer, what?