Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent bulb flicks when switched OFF.

wrote:

This has been discussed here several times.

Blow! I searched with google, but obviously not specifically enough.
Sorry!

Are they Philips CFLs?

Yes, they are. I bought Philips rather than the el-cheapo option
becaus I thought they'd be better designed. That'll learn me!

Basically they are not too well designed
and the capacitance of the live and switch-wire is enough to make
them flicker.

Do I get the impression I might as well just live with it, then? It's
not bothering me, except to make me vaguely worried that I had a loose
connection somewhere, for example.

Tim

If it doesnt bother you its ok as is. If it does, 2 resistors in
series
picked to dissipate a quarter watt fitted in the base of the fitting
would get rid of it.

Philips is one brand I would avoid, the few I've had have been
very poor

NT