Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default Since welding group is still clogged up...

cavelamb himself wrote:
F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:34:57 -0400, Stuart Wheaton
wrote:

He is not planning on making this piece back into a shooter, but
would like it to be able to be handled and operated.

======
How about high-strength epoxy? If it will hold the wings on
airliners...

Not enough contact area would be my first wild guess.

I'd also like to avoid adding any significant material in the break. My
hope is that solder or tig braze will wick into the break and not
greatly change the geometry. Revolvers can be so tricky to get timed
properly & I don't want to make things worse.