Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian French Ian French is offline

Default Yamaha HTR-5890 will not power on, need schematic.

"David Farber" wrote in message
"David Farber" wrote in message
This Yamaha HTR-5890 surround sound receiver had two shorted power
transistors and a blew the main 10 amp fuse. I replaced those but the
receiver still shuts down after a few seconds.

Hi David,

There is a Russian website http://monitor.net.ru/forum/index.php which
contains many service manuals and schematics (Circuits) of Yamaha audio
equipment. The HTR 5890 is not listed but it might be worth looking at some
of the other schematics to see how Yamaha do things.
Since this site is all in Russian, you have to right click and select the
"Translate Page into English" option and wait for the page to translate.
(this is in Windows Internet Explorer)
To be honest, from our point of view the English produced is not good,
however you will be able to see where the "FILES" are, go there and select
"Audio", when you get there select "Yamaha" and then you can look through
the available data. You may have to register to actually download the file,
but its free so no problem. Schematics seem to be universal so don't worry
about getting some weird diagrams !
I hope this helps.

Ian.