Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Yamaha HTR-5890 will not power on, need schematic.

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
et...
Dave, Don't buy that manual - I'll send it to you.

Mark Z.

"David Farber" wrote in message
This Yamaha HTR-5890 surround sound receiver had two shorted power
transistors and a blew the main 10 amp fuse. I replaced those but the
receiver still shuts down after a few seconds. The way the circuit

boards
are laid out it's not very convenient to troubleshoot with the unit
powered
up and it only stays powered up for a few seconds. I called Yamaha

parts
and
they e-mailed me the service manual but the middle pages with the
schematic
are intentionally missing. For $18 I was told they would snail mail me
the
paper copy. But I need to fix the receiver for the weekend so any help

is
appreciated.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

On most Yammy AV's, you can overide the cut out via 'secret' button

pushes,
and then interrogate the system control micro via more button pushes, and

it
will tell you why it thinks it's cutting out. Last however-many 'events'

are
stored in memory, as I recall. Sometimes it's helpful, sometimes not ...

Arfa

Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully this won't turn into a big adventure.