Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Yamaha HTR-5890 will not power on, need schematic.

Did Yamaha tell you that the schematics were intentionally removed? They
have always provided full schematics with their manuals in the past? Have
you called them about it?

Leonard

"David Farber" wrote in message
This Yamaha HTR-5890 surround sound receiver had two shorted power
transistors and a blew the main 10 amp fuse. I replaced those but the
receiver still shuts down after a few seconds. The way the circuit boards
are laid out it's not very convenient to troubleshoot with the unit
powered
up and it only stays powered up for a few seconds. I called Yamaha parts
and
they e-mailed me the service manual but the middle pages with the
schematic
are intentionally missing. For $18 I was told they would snail mail me the
paper copy. But I need to fix the receiver for the weekend so any help is
appreciated.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber