Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Can I heat bend a one inch grey plastic electrical 90 degree bend?

According to terry :

Any suggestions. Heat gun? Flame? Oven? Also will it tend to flatten
as metal pipe does when bent further?

I've bent grey PVC up to 2" without "proper" tools. At smaller sizes,
a heat gun alone will do the trick. At larger sizes, add a helper and a
stove top is useful ;-)

I heat it slowly, so I can adjust what bends when, and thereby avoid
having the tube flatten. Takes longer.

With larger sizes, the stove is useful to avoid cooling as you move the
gun around, and you want two hands on the pipe.

If you pour on the heat faster and soften the tube quickly and over
a wide area, something like the sand (or tube bender "spring")
method is required.
--
Chris Lewis,