michael

Default Interesting new web browser

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:00:20 GMT, Old Nick
brought forth from the murky depths:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:17:03 -0700, Larry Jaques
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

For those of you who uninstall it, you'll have to separately uninstall
(search out and nuke) the Robowhatzit.

.....and I now have to reassign my html files to my old browser.

I didn't let myIE2 modify many of those extensions. I wish

I find this a little aggressive. It's "free". It's slow. It sends info
and does nothing. My firewal says "give it free reign?" (as you would
to a browser) and I think hmmm....

Colour me paranoid.

Ditto that.

Since RoboForm didn't uninstall with the other program and didn't
go through a normal install, I had to find it in the Program Files
under "Siber" (?, from memory) and use the "unsafe" x-iconed thingy
to remove it. It then opened Netscape and asked me why I was
uninstalling it.

I gave it a test after nuking NN's cache and NN took half the time
to load a test site. Too many unnecessary bells and whistles, the
same bloat IE suffers from. I long for the good old days when
NN 4.09 ruled the Earth... My favorite feature of all browsers
is the bookmark file, which 4.09 had down PAT! IE would suck
MUCH less if it did bookmarks like that.

I'm with you. Only use InternetExplosion when I have no choice. I'm using
4.79, but heck, I was quite happy with 3.xx. IE has *always* sucked. The
*developers* make something glitter, sparkle, ring, bounce, or blink, and it
is heralded as the latest *upgrade*. Bull****.

michael