Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Say goodbuy to home shops

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:46:51 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:00:32 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Aug 29, 1:45 pm, wrote:
On Aug 27, 2:42 pm, "azotic" wrote:

The article in the link is of concern to anyone with a home shop.

This is yet another example of Andy Warhal's "15 minutes of fame".
Either them guy hasn't gotten his yet or the media is looking for more
readers.

Either way, the story has no basis in reality. Stories that include
the word "could" or "might" are pure gossip - NOT news and NOT gospel.

Gary

Either way, the story has no basis in reality.

I disagree....I have known those who live in a HOA and I have read
many HOA agreements.

It is very real and a real PITA if you find yourself in one when you
wish to do something that is not allowed.

TMT

I think the earlier idea of HSM type people developing an area and having an
HOA is a good one...

Requirement to maintain the way on the 5", 7 1/4" and 10 1/2" rail track that
goes past the end of your garden.

Foundry work not permitted on your lot, use the communal cupola, crucible and
induction furnaces paid for by the HOA.

3 phase to every house.

Waste to be segregated into ferrous and non-ferrous for best communal sale
price.

No more than three traction engines or two main battle tanks parked in front
of any one house.

Houses don't have to be painted, but machine tools are required to be kept
oiled.

No loud noises on Sunday mornings (not more than 90dB before lunch time).

The possibilities are mindless.

Where do I sign up?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ooo...I like it!

Oh..toss in Clothing Optional..and Ill go for it.

Gunner