Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Chuck and Morse taper question

In article ,
"Mark Daughtry, SR" wrote:

I got a #2 adaptor to hold a Jacobs taper #33 chuck in the tail stock of
my Delta midi lathe but the joker kept turning kinda like you described.
Then I diagnosticated that the adaptor had a "tab" on the end which
prevented the taper from seating all the way in the tailstock recess. After
cutting off the tab, it worked perfectly. So I will echo what has already be
said already and ask you to scrutinize your problem again and if need be
report back to the group. This is really a great place to glean information
and get answers.

The Delta Midi tail stock is short (I had one)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv