Posted to alt.home.repair
Clark[_3_] Clark[_3_] is offline

Default Can I heat bend a one inch grey plastic electrical 90 degree bend?

terry wrote:
On Aug 29, 7:00 pm, "Clark" wrote:
terry wrote:
Have 90 degree one inch diam. grey plastic tubing 90 deg. bend.

Want to bend it some more; hopefully to 180 degrees (or close to
that) to make shape of a 'J'.

Any suggestions. Heat gun? Flame? Oven? Also will it tend to flatten
as metal pipe does when bent further?

If this doesn't work could I use something else; that newer PEX
water piping for example?

Help/advice appreciated. TIA

can't you buy an elbow at the local HW store?

Clark

Not quite sure what you mean by an elbow?
This 90 degree is at moment about 9 inches across its outer tips.
If it can bend some more the tips will come in to perhaps less than 5
inches and perhaps be almost parallel at 180 degrees input to output
to each other Two 90s would be way too big!.
Just imagine a large J like this.

In
x Out
x x
x x
x x
x x --------- additional bending.

5"

Thanks for the comments/advice.

gotcha, good luck, last time I tried that trick I did not do as well as I
wanted.
but I did not try that sand thing either.

Clark