Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Say goodbuy to home shops

On Aug 29, 12:00 am, Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:04:54 -0700, Brent
wrote:

On Aug 28, 1:28 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:15:31 -0700, Fred the Red Shirt

wrote:

I do not know of ANY municipality, village or even county that does
not have occupancy limits for housing.

Yes and? How many are eforced?

I live in So. Cal...so dont try blowing smoke up our collective butts.

Gunner

Welcome to the municipal tradeoff

Here in ottawa the "property standards" bylaws are online and visible
UNFORTUNATLEY they are NOT searchable under their common name of
Eyesore

Oer her out bylaw enforcement is SOOOOO fixated n parking that they
have over 16 MILLION dollars in fines levied that are unpaid. And
every person living in my province and quebec as well HAS to pay their
parking fines to renew their license. Meaning they have racked up 16
million in "out of state" fines where the people told them to get
bent.

I am in violation of a few of the "Property standards" rulesotherwise
known as "eyesore" rules

If the city enforced those instead of having their hard on for parking
i'd be happy to comply i know i break the rules i found the rules and
i find them to NOT be unreasonable (I'm also hoping to have met them
by the time the snow flies anyhowbut that not their business)

Its all about wat the city "chooses" to enforce and what would make
the city money

they would make hundreds in parking fines in the time a bylaw officer
would take to cite me with a 45 day warning.

So they only enforce rules like that on a complaint basis

The law is how hard you complain not what the law "Is"

Brent
Ottawa Canada

In the late 1950's, the city fathers in Ottawa had things so screwed
up that some people refused to accept transfers there, even with
substantial pay increases. They tried to beautify the city to the
point that it was impossible to live there. I do have a lot of good
memories of working there in the construction seasons of '76, '77 &
'78, either living in hotels or camping at Greely.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

The city of Kanata is like that to this day. the Poor Zonong officers
in the city have 31 different zoning standards and have not yet
standardized so all the silly kanat bylaws relating to clotherlines or
parking a camping trailer or painting the coolour of your gareage door
(Yes folks there are municipal bylaws in a town near me stating what
colours your garage door CANNOT BE in relation to your house and
neighbours, but we look at this one town as being silly)