Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic azotic is offline

Default Say goodbuy to home shops

"Wes" wrote in message
"azotic" wrote:

The article in the link is of concern to anyone with a home shop. If
you have a neighbor thats a pain in the ass now just wait till he has the
power he so desires to run your life with the full force of the law
to back him up.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/708270318

Best Regards
Tom.

Buying property subject to a HOA is not for anyone that likes to do and
make
things. I'd be interested to learn of any study showing percentages of
Democrats, Liberals, Republicans in HOA's compared to the DLR population
as
a whole. There has to be some sort of mindset in play.

Wes

In Nevada democrats:
"State senator Michael Schneider seems to agree. "After the mayor [of Las
Vegas] was elected, I told him, 'Your staff only approves homeowners
associations.' He asked, 'Why do we do that?' I told him: 'Because you get
to raise taxes without letting the public know you're increasing taxes. You
bring in X thousand dollars without increasing services.' It's a taxing
scheme," Schneider adds.

Schneider has led efforts to reform Nevada's homeowners association laws,
creating what some observers view as a model package for statewide policy.
Passed in three acts in 1997, 1999, and 2003"

Best Regards

Tom.