Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_2_] GregS[_2_] is offline

Default How To Quiet PC Power Supply--Not a Fan Problem

In article , "Art" wrote:
Another procedure that tends to be rather effective, and has been used, is a
coating of clear shellac to the device in question rather than removing and
seperating the cores. We normally would take the offending item, dunk it
into the material, allow to air dry and repeat the process another two or
three times. Reinstalling the item and checking the preformance afterwards.
"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:57:37 GMT, Ross Herbert
wrote:

I know I rebuilt a transformer using shellac, but I think there is better
stuff out there. Shellac also absorbs water when just setting around.
It might initially dry quicker than a varnish.

greg