Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Rented apartment with drywall - best fastener options to hangstuff?

wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS
I have written down the paint color codes from Benjamin Moore for the
building, so I think I can touch up stuff when I leave.

Buy the paints *now*. Buy a quart of each that you need. Dollars to
doughnuts in
three years when you move the formulations for colors you have so carefully
written down will have changed and the same color, by the same
manufacturer, will
no longer be available.

Don't open the paints, just store them, preferably upside down so the
can lids are
on the bottom.

And realize that when you do go to do touchups, the paints on the wall
will have
faded and oxidized a bit, and while the paints you stored will be the
closest match
you can get, the match will not be exact due to the ageing of the paint
on the walls.