Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Rented apartment with drywall - best fastener options to hang stuff?

wrote in news:1188324376.187316.151510
@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

I just moved into this new high rise apartment and I'd like to hang
some stuff up. Mostly a few small paintings, but also a few heavier
(6.5 pounds/3kg) masks off the walls.

Anything wrong with the walls when I move out will obviously be my
fault, because the building just went up and I am the first renter.
So I'd like to minimize my visible exit damages to the drywall.

I have written down the paint color codes from Benjamin Moore for the
building, so I think I can touch up stuff when I leave.

Any suggestions as to what type of fasteners to use? And best ways to
fix things up when I leave? I've owned a house and am moderately
savvy about repairs.

In fact, let's extend the question all the way up to what adhesives to
use for my kids' posters. Ideally, I don't want my landlady to have
any excuses to bill me a repainting job.

Cheers

The place will probably be repainted anyway depending on how long you
live there. Yea, you're renting. But you are allowed to live there ya
know. Part of that is hanging things on the wall, walking on floors
wearing them, using the crapper, etc. All is just a matter of reasonable
care.

Holes in walls are indeed easily fixed if you have the touchup paint.

Tapes, although not recommended for hanging anything other than a poster
maybe, do leave sticky crap on the wall. That is EASILY removed with Goo
Gone available just about anywhere.

http://www.magicamerican.com/images/...es/GG3_big.gif