Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Foster Jerry Foster is offline

Default 240v connectors

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
. ..
I'm building a spot welder, using 2 microwave oven transformers &
running it on 240. On my welder & plasma cutter I've used dryer plugs
and receptacles, but the unplugging is a bit of a hassle and I'd like it
to be easier with the spot welder. A twist lock would be nice, but even
on eBay that would be at least $25 for a pair. (This is a junk-box
project and it would really hurt to spend that much on the *plug*.)

Does anyone have a good idea for a 240v, 20a connector?

Bob

I have a couple older 240 volt machines and the plug on them looks like a
regular AC plug except that the pins are horizontal rather than vertical. I
made an extension cord for them and I believe the plugs are rated for 20
amps. And they were fairly cheap down at the hardware store...

Jerry