Posted to uk.d-i-y
James[_4_] James[_4_] is offline

Default Screw for number plate

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:28:58 UTC, Andy Burns
wrote:

On 27/08/2007 20:20, James wrote:

I have just bought a new bumper, had it sprayed and am now ready to put
my
number plate on it. It doesn't have any holes where the number plate
goes so
I guess I need to drill some ? or push the screw in then screw it in ?

I think it's normal to use strong double sided tape nowadays, the bolt
heads are purely used to help make the number plate look vaguely like
somebody's name.

The police have had a campaign round here to use security screws.
Apparently large numbers of number plates have been nicked in
Sittingbourne recently. Worth a thought.

Interetsing what kind of security screws might they be ?