Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Invention, form, design, production and promotion. What does it mean?

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:34:53 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

This long and strong (strained) post is meant to be a can opener for
your ideas on things that seem to mean different things to different
turners.

snip

As for form, I've found that if you want folks to fondle your work, it has to
have the right shape.. IMO, no fondling, no sale.. It's a touchy-feely market..

I think that Bill Grumbine nailed it in his bowl turning DVD: Classic shapes are
still the ones in demand because what worked then still appeals to us...
His examples of most classic shapes imitating fruit is very true.. YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing