Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Elektor Magazine.

John B posted to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic:

On 26/08/2007 ian field wrote:

Apparently the September issue of Elektor is supposed to have a
free LED driver PCB - mine didn't and the newsagent vigorously
denies any part in its disappearance.

Its not the first time Elektor has arrived sans freebie and I'm
beginning to suspect foul play! Can any other reader tell me how it
was packaged, glued to the front cover/plastic envelope ........etc
etc?

TIA.

Mine was attached to the top left corner with double sided tape.
Unfortunately the SM inductor had snapped in half in the post. They
made a great fuss in the magazine about developing and distributing
150,000 units of this freebie, unfortunately they don't seem to have
even considered how to package it so that it would arrive safely at
its intended destination.

Sounds kind of typical in so many ways. The authors being hack
engineers presume that the publishers understand the reason that such
distribution takes place. The publishers not only do not, they are
seriously anathema against anything that requires any kind of special
handling, and they are ****ed about such inclusions and the impact on
the "bottom line". The authors only hope is to offset the added
costs with a payment from advertisers.