Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Double Headed Fakes

ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

flipper wrote:

How about by noticing that the MJ15003
datasheet says it's a 20A, 140V, 250W NPN power transistor with Hfe=25
(min) at 5A and not a Darlington?

How about showing me ANY 250W part that fits into such a package. Then,
while you are at it, show me how the smaller die part in your link is a
pic of a 250W part.

I've opened up MJ15003/4s for comparisons and Motorola / On Semi have no trouble
fitting a genuine single 250W die into a TO-3 can.

In my case the suspect devices were made by (or marked as ) MOSPEC and the dies
were barely half the size of the genuine part. Needless to say, the MOSPEC parts
failed rapidly (during test).

Graham