Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

Default Double Headed Fakes

"ian field" wrote in
:

"Bob Quintal" wrote in message
"Phil Allison" wrote in
:

"Bob Quintal"

Sorry to say no, there is a lifted bond on the base of the
right die, there is die attach material on three of the bond
wires, the emitter post wedge bonds are crossed over. The other
base bond overlaps an emitter finger.

And I'll be generous and claim that the kinks in the bond wires
were due to poor delidding technique.

** So you missed the white silicone all over everything ??

I did say "there is die attach material on three of the bond
wires", It quite possibly is white silicone RTV. Not having see
the specimen prior to removal of the silicone, I wasn't sure what
the stuff was. BTW silicone products are usually forbidden inside
of hermetic packages, because the gasses they emit, even after
curing, are known to etch metalization from die.

Dow-Corning for one, make silicone sealant for electrical
applications which does not emit acetic acid as it cures.

Those are usually grey or red in color. And quite expensive.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.