Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field ian field is offline

Default Double Headed Fakes

"Bob Quintal" wrote in message
"Phil Allison" wrote in
:

"Bob Quintal"

Sorry to say no, there is a lifted bond on the base of the right
die, there is die attach material on three of the bond wires, the
emitter post wedge bonds are crossed over. The other base bond
overlaps an emitter finger.

And I'll be generous and claim that the kinks in the bond wires
were due to poor delidding technique.

** So you missed the white silicone all over everything ??

I did say "there is die attach material on three of the bond wires",
It quite possibly is white silicone RTV. Not having see the specimen
prior to removal of the silicone, I wasn't sure what the stuff was.
BTW silicone products are usually forbidden inside of hermetic
packages, because the gasses they emit, even after curing, are known
to etch metalization from die.

Dow-Corning for one, make silicone sealant for electrical applications which
does not emit acetic acid as it cures.