Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default HVAC air intake near gas heater

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:45da6$46cdaeec$9440c41e$9217
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:125e3$46ccf073$9440c41e$9970
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:bc2b7$46cc3989$9440c41e$13704
@STARBAND.NET:

"Moe Jones" wrote in message
I have a home with a basement. We had it built in 1999.
The
HVAC
(gas) sits right next to the gas water heater. This utility
room
is
around 20' x 8' with a tight door, located in the basement.
There
are two cold air returns on the 1st floor.

The HVAC metal ducting that goes into the attic for the cold

air
returns has two large holes in it with vents, right beside
the
gas
water heater. If I remove the grills and cover up these so
they
can't get air, the duct work at that location gets sucked in
slightly
due to the negative air pressure (I think I'm saying this
right.)

I read in a Popular Mechanics that you don't want cold air
returns
near the furnace. I know nothing about this stuff. Are
these
vents
cold air returns? Is this an issue? Should I have these
vents
closed
off and another cold air return piped to the hallway?

Thank you;

Edwin

Could the ducts be for combustion air?

Not when it effects the return air ducting.

The correct phrasing would be: Not when it affects the return air
ducting.

Of course now you'll claim that you knew that. Sure, we believe
you,
uh-
hunh...

Oh my, the idiot police have arrived... an e for an a...

However, my statement *is* true, unlike a lot of your ****.

No your statement as written isn't true. Admit your error and move
on.
Or
try to lie your way out of it like always.

Then, by all means, prove that it's wrong.
BTW, my posts are always based on facts. Unlike yours, which contain
lie after lie.

Point out one lie. There isn't a single one. You had to ask why a
liquid line won't sweat and you can't provide a clear technical
explanation of

the
return duct function.

So, you want to bring in your lies from another thread, Eh?
I NEVER asked WHY a LL would sweat.
But, you made it very clear that you know nothing about mini-splits!

Nothing I have posted in this thread is inaccurate either, so why don't
you STFU.

Saying something "effects" the return duct is inaccurate and it
demonstrates your incompetence. Nothing you can say will change those
simple facts. Oh, also don't tell me what to do dumbass.

My post was dead on accurate.
Nothing you can do or say will change that fact!

Looks like you can't even handle the English language much less a
technical
subject. Sorry 'bout that. Maybe you should just focus trying to

display
some competence? Of course that is probably beyond your
capabilities...

No problems here, sorry you can't handle the heat and have to make up
****.

It's real simple. Go to a dictionary. Look-up "effect" and "affect."
Note the difference. Nothing made up at all. Sorry that you can't admit
your errors and move on.

Just like your butt buddy with the "you" for "your"...
But, since that's all you got, run with it, right?

No, that's not correct. You were attempting to communicate and failed
miserably. So sorry but that's just the way it is.

I know the way it is, you're a complete moron.
Try all you want, nothing will change this fact either.

My statements are facts, I'm sorry that you're incompetent and can't
keep up in a technical discussion.

Let's see here now. You don't know why a liquid line won't sweat and you
can't tell the difference between an "effect" and an "affect." Ok. Now you
want to say I'm incompetent. Wow. You have a serious reality disconnect
there bud. Get help now!

Ok Dip****, it was a technical discussion on mini-splits, that you know
nothing about.
But, a LL can indeed sweat, under the right conditions.

You can argue all you want, you don't know the facts and will never be
capable of understanding them.
So, please refrain from posting more of your lies on the subject.